Nonostante la sua (meritata) fama di gioco bistrattato, Warcraft III Reforged ha ricevuto una nuova patch che aggiunge una delle funzionalità più attese dalla community, ovvero le campagne personalizzate.
Ovviamente le campagne personalizzate sono state aggiornate all’engine di Reforged, insieme a diverse altre migliorie dell’editor di gioco in modo da poter sfruttarne il potenziale.
Oltre al ritorno di uno dei punti più forti del Warcraft III originale, sono state applicati una serie molto estesa di bilanciamenti per tutte e quattro le fazioni, insieme ad una modifica generale dei tempi di recupero per la resurrezione degli Eroi. Potete ritrovare tutti i dettagli nelle note qui sotto.
Infine è stata avviata la nuova stagione competitiva, insieme ad alcune modifiche per l’esperienza di matchmaking e leaderboard.
Patch 1.35.0 features:
- Custom Campaigns
- Balance update
- Map Pool updates
- Leaderboard fixes
- Season Roll updates
- Additional improvements and bug fixes
Thank you to all community content creators for creating new maps and updating old maps!
Players can now download Custom Campaigns to play or create their own.
- Some Custom Campaigns can be played using either Reforged or Classic art.
- Reworked frontend menu. Campaigns are now located under the “Single Player” menu.
- Custom campaigns now track the difficulty a mission was completed on.
- “Load saved game” menu can now reload custom campaign save files.
- Added informational prompt to show users where to install campaign files to.
- Added “Is Cinematic” option to the campaign editor to change campaign buttons to use the camera thumbnail instead of difficulty progression.
- Added campaign thumbnail preview support to Reforged.
- Added ambient sound support to Reforged.
- Added WebM support for campaign backgrounds. For legacy custom campaigns that previously used 3D backgrounds, a WebM can be used to replace that background in the WebUI.
- Custom campaign list menu now auto-refreshes upon resuming game window focus.
- Added support for custom movies in Warcraft III/Movies. This is file format dependent, a VP9 encoded AVI file, with an MP3 for audio in Warcraft III/Movies/Audio.
- Added Friends presence support for Custom Campaigns.
- Updated default campaign backgrounds to reforged style.
- Added user presence for Custom Campaigns
- Added rich/color formatted text support to custom campaign menus.
- The Season will roll on January 19, 2023 when Patch 1.35.0 goes live. We initially plan for this season to last one year, but we may adjust the end date based on player feedback.
- MMR for all races and modes will be reset during the season rollover.
- Players will begin the new season with placement matches.
- Updated the Map Pool in 1v1,2v2,4v4 and FFA.
- Leaderboard caching has been updated to be more responsive.
- The Leaderboard will now update correctly.
This balance update began with a wide range of changes the team wished to test – some more experimental than others. Our approach to this patch was to first take a look at various community feedback with the goal of diversifying strategy and reducing frustration. We then watched and read a community posts, and we played a great deal of multiplayer matches on the ladder with player feedback in mind. We then analyzed game data.
To find out what ultimately would work, we put many changes into a PTR build as early as possible, and then playtested and calibrated further.
Regarding the Siege Engine rework, we wished to experiment with giving the unit an alternative role other than merely killing buildings (in 1v1). Ultimately, it ended up overlapping too much with other Human units, and due to the loss of its Fortify armor, became less unique. We may revisit the Siege Engine at another time.
We want to thank all the community members who put their time and energy into providing feedback during the PTR. We read your online posts and watched your videos, and found it all very helpful.
- All Altar Heroes gold cost were reduced from 425 to 400.
- Revive Time Factor reduced from 0.65 to 0.6.
- Now: 33s / 66s / 99s / 110s (was 36s / 72s / 107s / 110s)
- Blacksmith lumber cost reduced from 60 to 40.
- Peasant HP increased from 230 to 240.
- Spellbreaker armor increased from 2 to 3.
- Control Magic requirement changed from T2 to T3.
- Siphon Mana Drain rate reduced from 15/30/45 to 15/25/40.
- Polymorph cost reduced from 220 mana to 200 mana.
- Mechanical Critter sight range increased from 350 to 500.
- Siege Engine barrage damage increased from 14 to 16.
- Siege Engine no longer decreases in unit level when getting the barrage upgrade.
- Mass Teleport Cooldown increased from 20 to 30 seconds.
- Staff of Sanctuary cost reduced from 250 to 200.
- Orb of Fire damage reduced from +7 to +5.
- Orb of Fire cost reduced from 325 to 250.
- Headhunter build time increased from 20 to 22 seconds.
- Blademaster Mirror images now do 15% of the Blademaster’s base damage .
- Blademaster Mirror images now give XP relative to their level (Lvl 1: 12xp / Lvl 2: 20xp / Lvl 3: 30xp / Lvl 4: 42xp / Lvl 5: 57xp / Lvl 6: 75xp).
- Troll Batriders Liquid Fire no longer prevents repairs but now reduces the repair rate by 75% .
- Endurance Aura movement speed bonus reduced from 0.1/0.2/0.3 to 0.1/0.15/0.2.
- Stasis Trap activation delay reduced from 9 to 7 seconds.
- Brute Strength bonus increased from 100 to 125 HP.
- Bladestorm cooldown reduced from 180 to 120 seconds.
- Great Hall build time reduced from 150 to 140 seconds.
- Farseer Feral Spirit mana cost increased from 75 to 85.
- Farseer Chain Lighting mana cost was reduced from 120 to 110.
- Tranquility cooldown increased from 60 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Starfall cooldown reduced from 180 seconds to 120 seconds.
- Starfall mana cost reduced from 200 to 150 mana.
- Entangle duration on units reduced from 9/18/30 to 9/17/25.
- Thorn Aura increased from 0.1/0.2/0.3 to 0.15/0.30/0.45.
- Mountain Giants now start with +2 armor.
- Harden Skin damage reduction reduced from 12 to 8.
- Ultravision now requires tier 2.
- Immolation mana drain reduced from 7 to 6.
- Immolation damage interval reduced from 1 to 0.5 seconds.
- Immolation damage was reduced from 10/15/20 to 8/12/18 (16/24/36 DPS)
- Immolation mana cost reduced from 35 to 30 (cost: 20 mana required: 10)
- Druid of the Talon Crow form now does piercing damage.
- Druid of the Talon Crow Damage base damage reduced from 34 to 26.
- Druid of the Talon crow form mana cost reduced from 50 to 25.
- Druid of the Claw starting mana reduced from 125 to 100.
- Anti-Magic Shield can now receive the same summon magic damage inflicted by dispel, purge, and abolish magic.
- Unholy Aura movement speed bonus reduced from 0.1/0.175/0.25 to 0.1/0.15/0.2.
- Animated Dead corpses can now be killable and have diseased cloud if researched.
- Death Knight’s animated dead corpses are no longer dispellable.
- Disease cloud reduced from 90 to 75 seconds.
- Obsidian Statue level increased from 2 to 3.
- Obsidian Statue spirit touch mana restore reduced from 3 to 2.
- Haunted Goldmine build time increased from 100 to 110 seconds.
- Dark Ritual cooldown reduced from 25 to 20 seconds.
- Dark Ritual mana reduced from 33/66/100 to 33/55/80.
- Wand of Illusion reduced from 3 to 2 charges.
- Wand of Mana increases mana steal from 50 to 65.
- Legion Doom-Horn movement speed bonus reduced from 0.075 to 0.05.
- Ancient Janggo of Endurance speed bonus reduced from 0.075 to 0.05.
Bugfixes and Improvements
- Fixed an issue where early leavers could result in unprocessed matches.
- Fixed an issue with models and textures not loading properly when switching between different custom maps, and graphics.
- Added additional zoom levels (1750,2100,2250).
- Fixed an issue where if you zoomed out too far on specific maps the player would lose visibility.
- Can now view other players’ profiles from arranged match history.
- Fixed an issue where quitting a singleplayer game sends the player to the load saved games.
- Fixed an issue where saving a custom campaign resets string data.
- Fixed an issue with custom campaign loading screen text being misaligned.
- Fixed an issue where the custom game list names bleed into the ping category.
- Fixed an issue where the editor would crash upon saving a campaign without a map opened.
- Fixed an issue where the world editor would crash when editing the damage/defense table.
- Removed the character requirement for report description.
- Fixed an issue where clan ranks were visually displayed incorrectly.
- Added notification indicator when receiving a social request.
- Fixed an issue with leaderboards not updating.
- Fixed occasional crashes when loading into a map with high object counts.
- Fixed a custom campaigns crash upon reloading into the campaign map.
- Fixed disc space error when trying to start a custom campaign mission.
- Fixed variable difficulty flag not being respected on custom campaigns.
- Fixed campaign thumbnail in editor not displaying.
- Fixed a Player Profile issue where viewing another player’s profile would occasionally display that they are a member of your clan even if they are not.
- Prevented loading of custom campaigns named the same as official campaigns to prevent save stomping.
- Fixed an issue where players where the client would freeze changing zones in the Founding of Durotar Campaign.
Signore indiscusso della redazione, MasterRedz ha spadroneggiato in BattleCraft dopo aver sterminato i suoi rivali a furia di dirette BlizzCon e articoli. Ora ha puntato gli occhi sulla conquista di DailyQuest e nessun redattore sarà al sicuro!