Dopo l’annuncio ieri sera della patch 8.3, Blizzard ha rilasciato sul forum ufficiale un primo elenco dei cambiamenti alle Classi. Trattandosi del PTR però, è meglio non assumere questi cambiamenti come definitivi.
Ricordiamo che scaricare adesso il PTR velocizzerà il vostro download il giorno effettivo del rilascio poiché molti file sono in comune. Un motivo in più per dare una mano coi test!
Se non avete paura degli spoiler potete visitare il nostro forum, dove è già stato aperto un thread con i nuovi modelli.
Developers’ notes: Specs which excel at DoTs on multiple targets have, over the course of many tiers of content, generally had very high performance on the average. Their DPS advantage in raid encounters that play into their multi-target strength (which are relatively common) is not balanced by a comparable disadvantage in other areas. A small reduction in damage on these specs will leave them noticeably strong in the situations in which they’re strong (albeit slightly less than before), and give other specs more opportunity to stand out at other times. At the same time, a few of the Essences added in Rise of Azshara are not performing as well as we would have liked, so we’re increasing the effectiveness of some parts of them to help keep them competitive with the other Essences available.
With the first build of the update on our Public Test Realm (PTR), you will see the following changes:
- Moonfire damage and periodic damage reduced by 10%.
- Sunfire damage and periodic damage reduced by 10%.
- High Noon (Azerite Trait) damage increased by 11%.
- Power of the Moon (Azerite Trait) damage increased by 11%.
- Ice Lance damage increased by 20%.
- Developers’ note: Ice Lance damage hasn’t kept up with Icicles scaling, making builds that ignore Ice Lance possible. The intent of this change is to give Frost Mages a better incentive to use Ice Lance within their rotation, as a DPS net gain.
- Stamina bonus reduced to 30% (was 35%).
- Stagger percentage reduced to 90% of Agility (was 105%).
- High Tolerance now increases the effectiveness of Stagger by 5% (was 8%).
- Developers’ notes: Brewmaster’s extremely high effective health against Physical damage meant that they are rarely in danger against spike damage that threatens other tanks. This should still be a strength of Brewmaster, but not by such a wide margin.
- Fixed a bug causing Gift of the Ox orbs to spawn too often for players with high amounts of Stamina.
- Rising Mist healing increased 30%, and now extends Heal-over-time effects by 3 seconds (was 2 seconds). [Coming in a future PTR build]
- Developers’ note: This talent is currently overshadowed on its row, and we want to make sure it’s competitive enough to make its unique playstyle a viable option.
- Life Cocoon now absorbs for 55% of the caster’s maximum health (was 1100% of the caster’s spellpower). [Coming in a future PTR build]
- Developers’ note: This ability had gotten weaker compared to player health pools since the start of the expansion, and this will help it better maintain its value.
- Rising Sun Kick damage increased by 25%.
- Blackout Kick damage increased by 10%.
- Developers’ note: These changes are intended to help Windwalkers perform better in single-target fights.
- Glimmer of Light (Azerite Trait) may now be applied to a maximum of 8 targets.
- Developers’ notes: Over the past year, builds centered around this trait have steadily pulled ahead of all other Holy Paladin playstyles, and to some extent all other healers in high-end content. This change is meant to preserve the gameplay of the trait, but limit the ability to increase its value drastically by stacking every possible bonus that reduces Holy Shock cooldown.
- Atonement healing reduced to 50% (was 55%).
- Mastery: Grace effectiveness increased by 12%.
- Developers’ notes: Discipline’s ability to contribute both damage and healing is slightly too high for what one character can bring to a group composition. At the same time, we’re making their Mastery stat slightly more attractive.
- Auspicious Spirits damage bonus reduced to 25% (was 50%).
- Fixed a bug causing Spiteful Apparitions (Azerite Trait) to be increased by 75% if you do not have Auspicious Spirits talented.
- Developers’ notes: The multiplicative interaction between Auspicious Spirits, Spiteful Apparitions, and Chorus of Insanity has specifically been a big part of Shadow’s damage scaling somewhat out of control at high target counts.
- Chorus of Insanity critical strike bonus reduced by 25%.
- Shadow Word: Pain damage reduced by 8%.
- Vampiric Touch damage reduced by 8%.
- Deathbolt now deals 20% of the total remaining damage of the Warlock’s damage over time effects on the target (was 30%).
- Developers’ note: Under certain conditions, Deathbolt provides a degree of single target burst damage that feels out of line for a spec designed around damage-over-time spells. Additionally, it has been the dominant choice for Affliction’s level 15 talent row for much of the expansion. We’re reducing its effectiveness to bring it more in line with the other two options in that row.
- Worldvein Resonance
- Major rank 1, when used, now additionally causes you to gain +50% bonus to stats from Lifeblood Shards for 10 seconds.
- Vision of Perfection
- Proc rate increased by 12%.
- Unbound Force
- Major rank 1 damage increased by 40%.
- Minor rank 1 duration increased to 4 seconds (was 3 seconds).
- Minor rank 3 increase of duration increased to 2 seconds (was 1 second).
- Purification Protocol
- Major rank 1 damage increased by 15%.
- Major rank 2 now has the potential work on targets that are part of raid and dungeon encounters.
- Vitality Conduit
- We’ve rebuilt the way this Essences works, and it should be visually more impactful, as you will now see healing on your targets.
As always, changes like these are a work in progress. We are likely to make further adjustments for testing throughout the PTR.
Thank you very much for your testing and feedback!